welcome to my blog

designing and building with wood channels my creativity and challenges my mind.
This blog is a record of my life in my studio.

Friday, April 1, 2011

I love my 3M/Accuspray support rep!

I just want to give a little shout out to Duane at 3M/Accuspray for all of his help.  When I first bought my Accuspray HVLP system - used - I didn't know much about spray finishing, or HVLP.  When I called tech support at 3M (owner of Accuspray), I expected to get a small amount of information, perhaps a manual in the mail.  Instead, I got Duane, who is by far the best support person I have ever had the pleasure of speaking with.

Duane spent a good two hours on the phone with me,
walking me through how to use and care for my outdated equipment, until I was actually spraying finish!  Then, a few months later, when I was having trouble spraying water-borne poly, I called Duane again for help.  I thought he'd recommend some new equipment for me to buy (I still haven't bought anything from 3M), but instead he suggested I get a garden hose valve to adjust the air pressure being fed into my gun.  I went to Home Depot and  - bang! - I'm laying down perfect, delicate layers of water poly with ease.  This is the same water-borne finish woodworkers struggle to spray - adding carefully measured amounts of hi-tech solvents in an attempt to improve atomization. 

Duane, you are the man!

No comments:

Post a Comment