welcome to my blog

designing and building with wood channels my creativity and challenges my mind.
This blog is a record of my life in my studio.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

How to bend wood - vacuum methods

While researching bending methods for a counter-top wine rack I am designing, I came across this excellent post on JoeWoodworker.com.  I found the author's real-world expertise informative, as he describes a few tricks of the trade I haven't seen elsewhere.  If you want to bend wood with a vacuum bag, check this site. 

The site also offers plans and materials for building your own vacuum press.  These are relatively sophisticated systems and there are many options and parameters to consider.  Take a deep dive into vacuum press FAQs here

...And stay tuned for pics of my new "Wine Wave" counter-top wine rack!

No comments:

Post a Comment