welcome to my blog

designing and building with wood channels my creativity and challenges my mind.
This blog is a record of my life in my studio.

Monday, October 10, 2011

New Baldor and Leeson motors: 2 hp, 3 hp, and 1.5 hp DC motors!!

By now everybody knows that if you need something, and it needs to be an exceptionally good deal, you can find it if you watch and wait on Craigslist.  So it was with the Robland X31 I recently purchased locally for $1,000.


And so it is with five motors I picked up today, about an hour west of my shop.  All motors were major scores.  They include: a 3 phase, 3 hp Baldor continuous duty, a 230 volt, single phase 2 hp Leeson motor, a 180 volt DC 1.5 hp Leeson, a Boston Gear reducer with a GE 1/2 hp spinning at 90 rpm, and a General gear motor spinning at 65 rpm.

I plan to use the gear motors for a wet grinder, and possibly a power feed.  I may also use the DC motor for a power feed, since these motors can be run at any rpm in their range. 


I plan to use either the 2 horse or the 3 horse motor on my Delta 14" band saw, which has a riser block, and which I'd like to use for re-sawing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment